Skin Needling / Collagen Induction Therapy offers controlled resurfacing of facial and body skin.
Very fine needles make multiple pinpoint puncture wounds in the dermis. These tiny punctures, stimulate the skin’s own healing response and are designed to treat wrinkles, scars, stretch marks and improve skin texture. This dermal damage stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin. Skin Needling also facilitates the delivery of products containing active ingredients to cells in the dermal layer of the skin.
New collagen production is the object of all skin resurfacing and rejuvenation treatments. Our therapists have 10 years’ experience in skin needling with a through understanding of how to deliver the best results with minimum downtime for your specific requirements.
Skin Needling / Collagen Induction can be an alternative to laser resurfacing in patients not suitable for laser treatment or wishing to have a less invasive procedure with fewer risks. It is proven to increase the skin’s natural collagen production by up to 3000% from the first treatment.
Conventional treatments frequently involve expensive, highly invasive procedures, chemical peels or laser re-surfacing. These procedures have at times offered inconsistent or disappointing results.
Dermal abrasion, acid-peeling or laser re-surfacing have one and the same target: to remove the protective epidermis, and set a 2nd degree burn to force the dermis to produce a new tissue layer. Once that protection layer against environmental influences such as dirt, bacteria, etc. is removed, certain health risks occur: long prevailing inflammation and redness, long healing period (like on all burns), extreme light-sensitivity over months, possible irreversible pigment changes and scars. Due to different skin structure on neck and ear a laser re-surfacing is not possible. And the most negative point is: The skin becomes thinner, and in many cases the procedure cannot be repeated a second time.
The difference at SANDS is achieved through using our dermal rollers instead of the pen or fractional laser therapies.
Skin Needling / Collagen Induction Therapy can improve the following conditions:
- Reduces Pore size & improves skin texture
- Tightens skin & restores elasticity
- Lightens pigmentation, discoloration & sun-damage
- Reduces generalized or localized depressed acne and surgical scarring
- Softens stretch marks new or old
- Softens wrinkles & lines
So, what is the advantage of Skin Needling / Collagen Induction Therapy?
- No heat or ablation of the epidermis; this allows fast healing, around 2 – 5 days
- Stimulates your own collagen naturally without the risk for scarring
- It can be used on skin of all types and colours, including thin and laser resurfaced skin
- No risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, skin becomes thicker and healthier
- The result is gradual and can be repeated within 1.5 to 3 months
- Long lasting results. Up to 2 years with use of recommended skincare
- Very cost effective; unlike laser resurfacing